Monday, March 22, 2010

Book Review: The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

Spring has sprung (finally) and I spent the entire weekend relaxing on a hammock reading my new fave book The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, the first book in a 3 part trilogy. My friend Lynn recommended it to me last week and I quickly picked it up at Barnes & Noble. I am a big fan of mysteries and thrillers and this is right up my alley. The author, Stieg Larsson, handed in all three book manuscripts but unfortunately passed away before they were ever published.

Synopsis
Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pieced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.

One critic described it as 'mesmerizing' and I agree. Well worth the read! Lucky for me it's going to start raining this week and there's nothing like reading a good book under a covered patio while it pours.  

weheartit.com

1 comment:

  1. mystery is generally not my genre but i loved this book! went to puerto rico last week and absolutely devoured it on the plane...

    good thing i brought the sequel with me as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails