Friday, March 5, 2010

1+1+1= Banana Bread Love

 + Non Fat Plain Yogurt  

+ Nutella  



 = Banana Bread





Banana Bread w/ Nutella!
How gooood does that sound? I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light and added my own little delicious twist.

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp  baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3-4 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt (I like greek yogurt)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Nutella
Cooking spray
Wax paper

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Put butter and sugar in a large bowl & beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until blended. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until mixed. Cut wax paper to fit an 8 x 4 loaf pan, leaving more on the sides to help you pull out the bread when it is done. Then spray waxed pan with cooking spray. Pour ingredients into loaf pan.
Bake @ 350 for 1 hour or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan and then pull out with wax paper.

Add 1 Tbsp of Nutella in a small bowl and microwave till softened. Cut yourself a piece of bread and spread Nutella on top.

Heaven :) Add fresh berries for extra yumminess.

4 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. that's something i haven't had in a long time and i LOVE nutella. after easter, i'm making this!! : ) btw, where do you recommend I buy my plane ticket? i'm flying to Indianapolis next week for spring break and i'm really looking for a good deal. you can be my travel guru! please? hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's in Indi? Is it at least warm there? I use my momma- she is a travel agent! Getting tix this last minute may cost u though...I would double check Orbitz to get an idea. If you want I will email u my mom's email.

    Either way, enjoy your vk...relax is the word of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never thought of pairing banana bread with Nutella? YUM!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Love nutella and banana. The other day , tried Greek yogyurt. Pleasantly surprised it tastes like sour cream! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails