Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



This past Christmas my mom, aunt Heidi, and I took out our reliable, never fail Joy of Cooking: Christmas Cookies cookbook and made several dozen cookies. We started with snickerdoodles, mexican wedding cakes, and spritz. We then went on to make linzer, rugala, chocolate chip, and my fave- peanut butter chocolate chip! Just about every recipe worked out well except for the cooking time on the pb&cc cookies. I had to take them out 5 minutes early so they wouldn't burn.


Now, you would think I am all cookie'd out BUT there's always more room for a some post holiday sweets. I decided to make double peanut butter chip cookies adapted from the Joy of Cooking cookbook and found on evilshenanigans.com
The only tweak I made was adding chocolate chips to the batter. Head on over to their website and fill your kitchen (and tummy) with the delicious scent of home-made cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Melanie!! I have been real bad this christmas season, over-indulging in sweets like these. So when I went for my glucose test (for pregnant women), my blood sugar came a little high...my OB wants me to cut out sugar...boo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! all those delicious deliciousnesses! lol i'm glad you like my pics, but me & style? i dunno...lol ( :

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails