Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our New Thai Grandma

Name: Thai Grandma
Location: Drop In Resort Restaurant, Koh Phangan
Time: 7:30 am Breakfast
Mission: To Come Visit Us in U.S.

Meet our new Thai Grandma. Her real name is unknown, but we feel she is part of the family. We met her Sunday morning while having breakfast in our hotel. She came up to our table and asked where we were from. "NY!" she said, "My sister lives in NY, and I'm going to visit her next year". We told her to have a great time and she said likewise. After a few minutes of chit chat, she stated- "Give me your name, address, and phone number. I will come by to stay at your house while I am in NY"....Jay and I just looked at each other and said 'ok' (thinking to ourselves, is this a cultural thing? She will be surprised when she learns we don't live in a house!). I wrote our info down and gave it to her. She then told me to take a picture of her and Jason, and after, turned to jay, pointed her finger and said "See you in August, 2010".


And with that, she walked away, leaving us baffled and thinking- Is she really going to come and visit us?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails