Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dive In To Koh Tao

After a relaxing 11 day adventure on Koh Phangan we take a boat ride to island of Koh Tao (Turtle Island). The island is known for it's scuba and is a breeding ground for several sea turtles. Our hotel concierge will pick us up from the pier and bring us to our hotel. We decided to stay at the Chintakiri Resort. They are located on a hill and only a short walk to the ocean.












We plan on relaxing once again on the beach and near the pool. Seems like they have a nice pool area.





















The preferred mode of transportation is motorbike since there aren't a large amount of paved roads. I'd personally rather walk..these things can be fatal. Jay wants to get his scuba certificate here, the island is known as a great scuba spot. I'm hesitant...I want to get it with my friend Annmarie who's been certified for years. If a shark decided to eye me for lunch, I think I'll feel better having her around!


We plan on staying on Koh Tao for 9 days. It's going to be 90 degrees and steamy. I've got two bottle of 50spf but I am looking forward to my psoriasis clearing up- last time I went to Thailand it completely disappeared. The sun and salt water helps. From here we head to Phuket, which most of you have heard of. It's a big honeymoon spot and is a large island- the siz
e of Singapore. More to come about that island soon.

2 comments:

  1. The resort looks divine! Specially that pool! I could use some sun right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Mel & Jay! I'm looking forward to following your blog. Make sure you post Google Ad Sense so you can start making money from all your followers who view your webpage. Safe travels and we'll connect when you return. Sending lots of love, Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails