Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Just the Essentials Melanie"

This is what my husband keeps reminding me every time I try to add something to my already long list of 'must haves' for our trip. Just thinking about it makes my heart race. So many clothes & accessories and so little space. Everything has to fit into one backpack- dresses, shoes, hair care, skincare, jewelry, loungewear...you get the picture. How do I pack my entire closet into one bag? I guess they key really is 'just the essentials'. So I suppose that means I need to leave my plush bathrobe behind along with my $300 pair of Kate Spade heels. Hmmmm, what about my collection of travel candles or my set of perfumes?















How about the various scented body lotions I own? Maybe I'll be in the mood for Malibu Lemon Blossom but only brought Bali Lime Papaya??
















I know this seems silly, but being away for this long without the comforts of home isn't that easy. I made a list of my 'in a perfect world things I would bring' and every day I knock one off the list. This will make it easier on my heart and less to think about when it comes time to pack. For now, I am content with finding a few beautiful 'essential' sundresses that don't need a lot of maintenance.
 



































Next up: the essential jeweled flip-flops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails